Pink Sugar Sugar Tint Review and Swatches

Monday, November 28, 2016

For a very long time, I have been searching for a replacement for the discontinued Nichido Lip Pencil in Rosette. It is still my holy grail MLBB (my lips but better) lip pencil because of its affordable price (100php) and excellent staying power. Though it fades due to eating and drinking, it leaves a nice stain on the lips throughout the day.

My subscription to Ms. Anne Clutz makeup channel led me to Pink Sugar Sugar Tint. She reviewed and raved about it so I decided to give it a try. Also, I noticed that Queen Bee is similar to my beloved Nichido. I'm not really a fan of liquid lipsticks because it's hard to mix colors with them. I like buying different colors of lip products that I can mix and play with for practical reasons-storage space, money and wastage, you name it. I hate it when I buy products and never finish them.

July 16, 2016, I decided to go to SM North because of the Great Northern Sale. I also dropped by Trinoma Landmark to buy the Sugar Tint in Queen Bee and unfortunately, out of all the shades they had it was only Queen Bee that was out of stock. I was smiling miserably to the sales lady and told her that I'm from Alabang and was really looking forward to that shade. She hugged me. Yep, she did. But I forgot her name.

September 11, 2016, I messaged Pink Sugar Official Facebook Page about my dismay and anticipation as to when they will restock Queen Bee. I got a reply from them a week after (Sept 19, 1:36pm) that their website will launch at 2pm and they will have some stock available online for Queen Bee. I was happily squealing with their response that I immediately signed up, and bought three Sugar Tint and their face base bundle which I also have a review here. The payment is easy but they only accept Paypal for payments on their website as of the moment. I received my orders four days after.

As for the newer shades, I bought it straight from their newly added SM Southmall branch.

Product Info

Sugar Tint is a lip and cheek tint. It contains 9g of product and costs 349php each. The product expires 12 months after opening as indicated from the packaging. In addition, I've read from blogs that Pink Sugar products are paraben free and cruelty free.


left to right: Posh Purple*, Sugar N Spice*, Honey Bunny, Crazy In Love*, Queen Bee, Code Red.
Those with * are the newer shades released.
Packaging
The packaging is really nice for a Filipino product. I have been using Queen Bee everyday for the last two months and yet the print on the tube are all intact. When compared to a new tube, it still looks the same and can barely tell the difference with one is the old tube.

the packaging feels nice and sturdy


standard doe foot applicator which very easy to use

Pink Sugar claim
"Our Version of a Lip and Cheek tint, this long lasting and lightweight stain achieves stunning matte color and makes your lips feel soft. It’s formulated with Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera and Vitamin A,C and E"

Ingredients:
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, POLYBUTENE, ISODODECANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, POLYETHYLENE, PARAFFIN, OZOKERITE, EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, SILICA, PHENOXYETHANOL, ROSA CANINA FRUIT OIL (AND) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (AND) RETINYL PALMITATE (AND) MINERAL OIL (AND) ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT (AND) COCO NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, FRAGRANCE, [+/- (MAY CONTAIN) : CI 77891, CI 15850, CI 15850:1, CI 45410, CI 4209

Shades
As of writing, there are 15 shades available, five of which are recently released.
Pink Paradise (hot pink)
Pink Passion (soft pink)
Coral Bliss (bright coral)
Purple Pleasure (deep orchid)
Queen Bee (chestnut rose)
Red Rouge (bright red)
Code Red (intense classic red)
Naughty Nude (nude peach)
Honey Bunny (warm nude peach)
Vampy Vixen (deep reddish burgundy)
Purrfect Pout (pinkish plum)
Crazy In Love (dirty rose)
Posh Purple (deep purple)
Truth or Dare (intense brown)
Sugar and Spice (greyish taupe brown, looks like cinnamon powder)

Swatches and Adherence Test


swatches appears the same with the container
While doing swatches:
Code Red has the thinnest formulation and sets very quick. Its consistency is like the Tony Moly Catchu Wink Tint but slightly creamier.

Sugar N Spice has a thinner formulation and dries a bit slower than the rest that's why it transferred when I rubbed it.

The rest are creamy. Even creamier than the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream.


After rubbing vigorously


ran over the faucet with warm water for 30 seconds


rubbed 10x back and forth with normal pressure


rubbed like there's no tomorrow lol


rubbed like there's no tomorrow and with soap

Lip Swatches


Bare lips. No lip balm


Honey Bunny


Crazy In Love


Queen Bee


Code Red


Posh Purple


Sugar N Spice


Posh Purple (1st layer) + Code Red (2nd layer)

Thoughts

Honey Bunny is a caramel pinky nude. It is less pigmented than the rest. It looks streaky on me with one layer. It needs 2 layers for full opacity. My initial thoughts wearing it was "I look sick". But I gave it a chance and wore it the next day (no makeup shall ever go to waste!). My office mates immediately noticed and greeted me saying, "You look sick". To my dismay. Sad. I still wear it though and combine it with other shades.

Crazy In Love is my new MLBB shade! A dusty rose shade that looks natural and innocent on me. I feel like I look less maldita with this shade haha! I have a resting bitch face so I think using this may tame it down. LOL

Queen Bee is my Nichido Rosette lip pencil substitute! Finally! This is the one I go for when I'm too lazy to do a full face makeup. just the brows and this, and I'm good for the entire week-maybe even months. ;-)

Code Red is a classic primary color red from the color wheel. I could imagine myself in a pin up classic look with this. So elegant-looking, you know? The first time I wore it though, it made me look like Snow White who just got poisoned. It sucked all the blood in my face-because you have to use it also on your cheeks! This is the only Sugar Tint that's very flattering on my cheeks. It's like the EB Advance Cheek and Lip Tint, but better. What's more is that it didn't fade on my cheeks even after 12 hours. It could have stayed longer. I will try sleeping with it next time and see if my #iwokeuptothis face looks FABULOUS.

Sugar N Spice is a deep taupe brown. I sometimes wore this on top of Crazy In Love for a taupe mauve nude and Honey Bunny for taupe brown nude.

Posh Purple is an eggplant purple shade. It renders too dark on me because I'm too fair for it, says my very knowledgeable team mate. This is the one I would go for a gothic look-which is unlikely. But I do wear this often now when topped with Code Red. It looks like really nice. The shade is a dupe for MAC Sin.

Verdict

Scent
It does have a strong scent that doesn't go away easily. If you happen to chew on bubble gum roll and bazooka when you were younger, this smells exactly like that.

Pigmentation
The pigmentation on these are superb. Only one to two layers are needed for a fully opaque look. The darker shades may stain the lips.

Texture and Finish
These have matte finish on them and has a creamy texture. Any dry skin will be accentuated and won't look good with these lippies. The texture and pigmentation are different for some shades. Those with thinner consistency are much easier to apply but sets faster. Also, when too much layers are applied, it kind of sticks together and crumble making it look patchy.

Staying Power
It will last me the whole day provided that I don't eat and drink. When I do, all the product on the center part of my lips are gone. The good thing about this is reapplication of the product still looks good and doesn't look like something flaked off. It looks just like how I applied it the first time.

Shade Selection
There are 15 shades all in all for this product. I only have six. Two of which are overwhelming on my skintone. On the bright side, it doesn't set that fast that's why I can combine them and will still look good me.

Overall
I like the product. Though some didn't look nice on me, the formulation allows me to combine it with other shades. At first, 349 PHP seemed a bit expensive to me but after trying them, these are one of those products I am willing to pay for more.

And that is it! Thanks for reading!
-Alyssa


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe